Friday, November 2, 2012

Star Wars Episodes 7, 8 and 9

I know this blog is really always about my art but the news of the Lucas/Disney deal has my brain swirling. Considering a good chunk of work I post here is Star Wars stuff it's all related I guess.

I'm hoping the treatments George has thrown together stay away from the novelizations. I know there are people who like them but I think they are a snooze-fest for the most part. Some interesting ideas and characters here and there but not enough to carry another trilogy.

Things I think are a safe bet on Episodes 7, 8 & 9:

  • You have read it here first! I am declaring the next primitive aliens will be some bird-like species most likely in Episode 8. Mammal Ewoks in Jedi. Reptilian Gungans in Menace.
  • Luke as a similar role to Obi-Wan from the Original Trilogy
  • R2 and 3PO will be back.
  • I thought maybe Leia would be the leader of the New Republic but have back pedaled on that. As she also has Force abilities hinted at before, would make sense she is part of the foundation of the re-established Jedi. Maybe Lando is in some big shot role instead since he was Mr. Cloud City and a "respectable leader" as Han called him.
  • Boba Fett will be back. No doubt with Temuera Morrison donning the armor this time. I think if Han is in there he will kill Fett. Maybe some super showdown of the Millennium Falcon Vs Slave One. Can hear Han uttering some classic sarcastic remark to Chewie (yeah he will be back too) as he says to "punch it!" and a little Thelma and Louise here we go to help save the battle.
  • Palpatine always was talking smack about cheating death so I think he will be back in some way. Clone or something else. Unless Maul was brought back in Clone Wars to serve as the big baddie for the Sequels. But I don't think so. Even crazier would be if Sidious was actually Darth Plagueis. I know you are reading this and thinking I have gone off the deep end. When he speaks to Anakin he speaks as though it was someone else. Clearly that could just be the obvious angle he would tell Anakin the story in such away as to not reveal he was Sidious. But what if there was another twist? After all, people aren't always who they seem in these movies. 
  • A new Sith Apprentice
  • Another prophecy which follows up Anakin bringing Balance to the Force.
These are initial thoughts and none are confirmed or official by any means. I've just been watching this stuff since I was three years old.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment