Monday, August 1, 2011

WILL THE REAL JABBA THE HUTT PLEASE STAND UP!

Jabba the Hutt. Han Solo was always talking about this guy named Jabba. Pretty much from the very first scene in which we meet Han, he's talking about owing Jabba. Who's Jabba? (The comic book had it's own version and there was the alternate human stand in version, but those weren't the real Jabba.) Then Greedo tries to knock him off before he even leaves the Cantina. He was in some serious crap with Jabba and was always on the run. For those of us who were around to experience Star Wars from the beginning you never got to see Jabba until Return of the Jedi. No Special Edition insert with the N64 Jabba (or the revamped digital version a few years later) and Boba Fett staring at the camera (really?). There was no internet to scoop pics while they were filming back in the day. None of that. I even got an issue of Starlog magazine for my first glimpses of the movie before  it came out. (Again, no internet. We read magazines then.) As stoked as I was to see pics from the movie, still no images of Jabba. Not until I got to the theater and flipped through the Official Collector Magazine, did I first see Jabba. Before I could even finish flipping through though, the lights went out, and off to a galaxy far, far away I went. Today, we all know Jabba. So here is my Jabba, almost thirty years later...on the internet.

Jabba the Hutt

No comments:

Post a Comment