Friday, April 19, 2013

GRIZZLY GHOULS FROM EVERY TOMB

Zombies.

Rotten dead bodies, severed limbs or any kind of gore disturbed me on a level I can't explain as a child. I think because to see stuff like that wasn't right in a certain way. I mean, your intestines go inside you. Not outside of you and certainly not for someone to eat. Same with blood. That goes on the inside, not on the outside.

When I was a kid I remember seeing Michael Jackson's Thriller video and it really freaked me out. Seeing these dead people dance around was a kind of contradiction I couldn't wrap my brain around. These were things that scared me. It was creepy but they were dancing crazy and it was pretty cool. Those two things weren't supposed to go together.

In recent years the whole zombie thing has grown in popularity. While these creatures run around with their shirts off or shredded they aren't the pretty people like werewolves and vampires have turned into. A shirtless zombie probably has torn flesh, a lung hanging out and a broken bloody protruding ribcage.

I know everyone is nuts for Walking Dead and I've tried to watch it. Only problem is every time I turn it on it's just a bunch of sweaty, dirty people making mean faces at each other trying to figure out how to avoid the zombies. From what I have seen it should be called Talking People, not Walking dead. Out of the six times I have tuned in, I saw one five minute segment with actual zombies in it. It was a barn full of zombies that all got shot in one big group. Some chick stuck a scythe in a zombie's head and that was awesome! But then they all started talking and arguing again and I got bored.

So, if you like zombies, whether they are the dancing kind or the kind that eat your brains, or got infected by some virus, or are the ones people just talk about, here are some recent sketch cards I was working on. For me, I just like to draw them. These creeps are drawn in pencil and inked on a 2.5 x 3.5 inch sketch card.

I hope you dig...dig, like you like them...not like dig them up.









No comments:

Post a Comment