Monday, September 19, 2011

A GRIEVOUS MISTAKE

Sometimes you do a drawing and something isn't right. Sometimes you spend too long on a pic instead of stepping away from it, or haven't had enough coffee to start the day or you just aren't in the zone.

Usually I'll look at the image backward. Either hold it up to a light and flip it over or look at it in a mirror. If something is out of balance it will show. Here is a version of the Pre-Cyborg General Grievous from Star Wars I finished recently.

Drawing of Pre-Cyborg Grievous


Hated it. I liked where I started but it zigged when I wanted to zag. His head wound up to be huge. So then I went back a few days later and turned out a little better. The tilt of the head is a bit better also aside from being more in proportion.

Final Pre-Cyborg Grievous

No comments:

Post a Comment