Saturday, August 27, 2011

CRAZY RABBITS, SNAKE KILLERS AND CATS THAT SMELL THEIR POOP!

When I was in the 6th Grade, a kid I knew told me about this series of books about a vampire rabbit named Bunnicula. I don't remember a lot about the books, but I thought the few illustrations were awesome, and that was good for me. I remember thinking it was clever and from what I recall, I thought they were actually pretty good.

Looking back, I think part of the appeal was something about crazed animals. That makes me think of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. The part of the Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book that isn't about singing bears and monkeys. Really, my first exposure to the story was not through the actual book, but as any good child of the 80's, through the Chuck Jones cartoon. Which I guess makes me old, but  the cartoon...a classic? So Rikki is a pet Mongoose who looks after his adopted family, protecting them from a pair of evil Cobras, Nag and Nagaina. The best part is when Rikki gets pissed and fights to defend his family, his eyes glow red and he does this psycho tick back and forth with his tail all poofed out. Then he busts out a can of whip ass on the snakes.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this picture other than it's a crazed psycho ball of fur. Probably something more to do with Bunnicula subconsciously, I think. Or one of my cats running up and down the stairs like it's tail is on fire. Here's one for the crazy animals.

EVIL RABBIT

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, reminds me of Rebecca's rabbit. He was out of his cage recently and growled (!!) at me as I tried to extract him from under the wardrobe. A rabbit with attitude, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm testing your 'comment' function. Seems easiest to comment via my Google login. I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete