Sunday, June 26, 2011

CLOWNS

Not so long ago I'm cranking out all these different monster and character portraits and I run through this series of clowns. I remembered when I was little, there was one Christmas Eve spent at my aunt's house and Santa dropped by...with a clown. I didn't know why Santa would hang out with a clown but it just kinda freaked me out. Maybe at the time I was traumatized by all those tests in elementary school with pictures of stuff and you had to determine which of those things didn't belong. Seeing this clown made no sense to me. Santa wasn't hanging with Frosty, Rudolph or any of the other reindeer. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever met a clown before that night. At any rate, this just didn't add up. In this series of clowns, I pulled from the impression burned into to my mind by the distorted and confused thoughts I was left with that night.


Evil Clown 1

Evil Clown 2

Evil Clown 3

Evil Clown 4

Just below I've posted a picture of me with the clown from that frightful Christmas Eve. I think it's pretty obvious I just wanted the picture taken and the whole experience to be over. It's funny to see the similarities between this and the first Evil Clown I drew above.

My Nightmare Before Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment