Monday, August 8, 2011

PAGING DR. EVAZAN...

Dude did not know when to shut up. The first time I saw YOJIMBO (an Akira Kurosawa flick), my jaw hit the floor when I saw him chop another guy’s arm off for talking crap. I mean, it’s the same scene essentially. Though I have mixed feelings about scenes like this and others (Vader rising like Frankenstein…Naboo is Dinotopia)) this punk in the Cantina needed his reality put in check. But you know sometimes creativity is like that. I’ve done pictures and get totally stoked, and then I realize it’s a similar composition to an image in a comic I read ten years ago. I think your subconscious plays tricks like that at times. And how many different ways can you draw Spider-man or Batman jumping through the air? Besides, a loud mouth getting his ass beat in a bar is pretty much an eternal conflict. It happens today. Happened five hundred years ago. I'm sure it happened a long, long time ago in a galaxy far away. 

DR. EVAZAN
Sucks to be this guy. Everyone knows one of these guys, too. Dude is always talking crap and just needs his ass kicked. Worse than that, dude totally got messed up screwing with a Jedi Master. I think I might revisit this cat and work in the original action figure design sporting the orange turtle neck shirt.

PONDA BABA (WALRUS-MAN)
 Hammerhead! I always thought he looked more like an oddly formed tree branch instead. Though if you hang out in the Cantina I don’t think many of the wretched scum would be intimidated by a guy named Tree Stump Head. The more I look at this the more I know I should go a completely different direction. There’s no depth in the image with the way his head actually angles up. Could be worse. Could be better. I guess he kinda fits in with the others in the series of Cantina aliens I've done. Except I like the others.

MOMAW NADON (HAMMERHEAD)



No comments:

Post a Comment